In the years 2020 to 2023, the DAAD funded project GIPE – Global Intercultural
Project Experience is carried out in close cooperation with our partner universities in Indonesia, Namibia and Peru.
The focus of the overall project, which is divided into 4 independent sub-projects – each taking place in the summer semester – is on providing international and intercultural project experience to students of the Westphalian University and its partner universities.
The aim is to prepare students significantly better for a professional career in globally active companies or organisations.
For the year 2021, the development of a Digital Platform for Eco-Education Tourism for the PUSPANITA Eco-Spirit Center in Indonesia was selected as the second sub-project.
Within this subproject, students of the Westphalian University of Applied Sciences have the opportunity to apply for one of eight
Scholarships for a One-Week-Stay at our Partner University in Indonesia
We are looking for students who are interested in working in an international, interdisciplinary and intercultural team together with other teams to create this platform intended for later use by the client as a real solution that helps him to reach his goals.
The following topics will be covered in this project:
- Developing a Business Model and Innovation
- Developing a Digital Marketing Concept
- Developing a Website
- Developing Sales Procedures (Web Booking System)
- Developing IoT – Solutions for Smart Farming
- Developing Eco-Education Games for kids, students, parents, etc.
- Developing AR/VR to support Virtual Eco-Tourism
- Creating a Sustainability Program of Tourism and Environmental
The official start of the project is a joint kick-off event on
March 16th, 2021
executed as a web meeting. From
April 19th to May 2nd 2021
we will then experience an absolute highlight of the project at the Westphalian University of Applied Sciences, the Spring School. During these two weeks, 24 scholarship holders, eight from each of our partner universities, will be here in Germany to work together with our scholars on the project.
This program is available for students with the following profile:
- Min. 4th semester student (in SS 2021)
- English language skills
- Good communication and teamwork minded
- Extracurricular and social engagement is a plus
Please send your application with the following documents
- Motivation letter (Describe your interest in working on this project and why should we select you as a scholar?)
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic record (QIS)
- Where appropriate, evidence of social, societal or cultural commitment
- Evidence of existing knowledge or experience of Indonesia, if applicable.
January 15th, 2021.
Scholarships can be applied for by female, male or various students.
Please contact for further information:
Thomas MüllerScientific assistant
GIPE – Global Intercultural Project Experience
phone: +49 2871/ 2155-712
mobile: +49 1522/ 9 56 74 06
WhatsApp: +49 1522/ 9 56 74 06
office: Westphalian University of Applied Sciences, Bocholt, B2.0.04