Welcome and let's GIPE
Four countries - four universities - one project - one team
Windhoek – Namibia
Windhoek is the capital of Namibia, in the country’s central highlands.
Arequipa – Peru
Arequipa is the colonial-era capital of Peru’s Arequipa Region.
Jakarta – Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia’s massive capital, sits on the northwest coast of the island of Java.
Gelsenkirchen – Germany
Gelsenkirchen is a major city in the central Ruhr region in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Planned course of the overall project
The project is divided into 4 sub-projects
The central theme of this DAAD project is the implementation of annual student projects in the first half of the calendar year or summer semester together with our partner universities.
Some key facts:
- The projects should be interdisciplinary (working on various/interdisciplinary aspects, with the participation of different departments).
- In principle, the projects should be open to all students of the participating universities.
- Students can receive corresponding credit points (CP) on successful participation and a certificate.
- The projects are mainly carried out as so-called COIL- (Collaborative Online International Learning) events.
- Each year, up to 8 students from each university can receive a DAAD scholarship to take part in the joint Spring School (2 weeks in spring at the WH) or the project presentation at the partner university (for the German students) in order to gain a “real-life” experience abroad in an intercultural team.
- Non-mobile students can also take part in the project and benefit from international teamwork.
- Three timezones with 12 hours difference
- Project language is English, for most participants a foreign language
- Different lecturing and exam periods in Indonesia, Namibia, Peru and Germany
- Different cultures and mentalities