Our project for this run - Creating a Digital Platform for Eco-Education Tourism
Why is this important
- Environmental awareness is a major concern of the community after Covid-19 Pandemic
- The tourism sector is one of the most affected sector in the Pandemic era
- Tourism business needs to be revitalized based on technology to ensure its continuity (digital transformation)
- Ecology education and awareness program should be introduced using a relevant approach in accordance with the characteristics of today’s society
- The digital platform needs to be well-developed and can be replicated by other countries
Our Client - PUSPANITA Eco-Spirit Center
PUSPANITA run by Nuns of Carolus Borromeus Congregation established since 1996. The centre is located in Bogor, Indonesia, and it has obtained the Horticulture Laboratory permit. Now it serves as an Eco-Spirit Center.
- Business development: Puspanita enjoys the captive market, namely the Catholic community. However, it did not develop due to the lack of creative ideas in business development and its offerings. Besides, it does not have a firm business model.
- Technology development: Until now Puspanita does not have a technology-based platform such as websites, social media and other internet things that can attract the millennial generation. Puspanita runs her business conventionally and seems less progressive.
- Resource development: Although Puspanita has extensive land and facilities located in a holiday destination near Jakarta, it has not yet been able to develop into a place for eco-education and eco-tourism which has a good impact on environment and society. Its human resources need assistance for the development of Puspanita as an Eco-tourism centre.
The GIPE Project team can consist of students from diverse fields: Computer Sciences, Information System, Business Administrations, Engineering and other relevant fields, so they can develop a joint project to help Puspanita to:
- Develop business models for eco-education tourism.
- Develop a digital platform for eco-education tourism that contains information, databases, transactions, ecosystem networks.
- Develop creative offerings: virtual eco-tourism, online workshop on Recycling, eco-education, organic plants, smart farming in family or community, etc.
- Develop digital marketing strategies.